PurplePolka

Sunday, March 1, 2009

wow









Time flies.....Every day as I go through the day, I am constantly writing. If what was in my head went directly to paper, I surely would fill half a journal daily. Due to the fact there is no technology that scribes from brain to paper, I resort to pulling out one of my many little notebooks (I have three sitting next to my desk to go through today), and I write a few notes/lines so I can get back to it later.

So today after reading a favorite blog I follow, I decided to come here and see when I wrote last. It was almost one year ago. Sad thing is-it feels like yesterday.
A lot of great things have happened since last year. Two monumental ones come to mind. Marty's daughter Katie gave birth to a boy August 5. He was a few months early but had to come on out as Katie was at risk. From the moment he was born, Marty insisted he was perfect-just small. I was a bit too emotional and had a hard time seeing that little being with all those tubes attached. Everytime he took a breath his little body shook and small little sounds came out. I held it together until we got in the car. I am glad Marty was able to calm me rather than getting upset with me or being influenced by my collapse. As it turns out, Marty was exactly correct. Zander is now 6mos old and he is perfect-and small. At five months old the doctor said he could sit up as well as a full term six month old. THANK GOD! Katie is a great mom and her mother, Julie, is a great grandmother. Zander will be going places...there is no doubt.

Another important event for me was getting a cat in Dec 08. Okay, I know getting a cat is not as monumental as getting a grandchild...but I have wanted a cat for years and Marty was always resistant. Although I have a dog I adore, Maya, she can not fulfill my desire to have my cat. Megan went with me to the shelter and in the end, Maya did as well. We made a great pick. Jack Jingles is AWESOME!!!

As always, time presses in as I must go get ready for the day (church, lunch, travel to Ft. Pierce). Now that I have written like this, wish I could write a few more hours. But...until next time

No comments: